Sunday 2 February 2014

Weekly Ramblings (2)

Spelling and punctuation in published books is important!

If I am stuck in a good book reading a long and I come across a spelling error it's like hitting a speed bump, except instead of just flying over it I have to replay it over and over again until it makes sense. 

Some simple mistakes are when authors type "though" instead of "through" I had this happen 2 or 3 times in the fallen series (yes these were proper finished physical copies)

Or we can walk past the 'shame' tree like Rose did in one of the Vampire Academy books. or 'had they had they come across it sooner' I don't know where this is from, but many times people don't realise when they do that because Word won't pick it up as an error, they won't pick up any of these as errors actually because it's the wrong word not a misspelt word.

(did a google search and stole a picture that says it…)

And I was tired, and I made comments on blogs, and I typed the wrong 'there', and I can't edit my comment!


The Vampire Academy movie is finally almost here, but because I am in Australia I get to wait even longer! It won't be showing until March 6th here. 



But I just want to watch it now! I read this series about 3 years ago, maybe that extra month is saying 'read me again' 

anyway, on with the new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment