So I am!
Last year all the books I read were totally new to me, whether they were new authors and/or new categories. So this challenge will help me break into something new and to keep me doing it. (I hope)
Here's the pretty picture and details:
- The challenge starts on January 1st 2014, and ends December 31st 2014
- The goal of the read-a-thon is to read as many fairy tale retellings as possible.
- There will be six different levels to aim for in this challenge:
- Poor Cobbler: 1-3 books
- Devilish Wolf: 4-6 books
- Lady in Waiting: 7-9 books
- Mountain Troll: 10-12 books
- Evil Enchantress: 13-15 books
- Monstrous Dragon: 16+ books
- This challenge is only for Young Adult and Middle Grade retellings. No adult or children’s books count towards this challenge.
- Because of confusion in the past, this year only straight retellings of fairy tales will count. No fairy tale-ish books, and no mythological or classic retellings.
- Single novellas do not count towards this challenge, however a compilation of novellas or short stories can count towards this challenge.
- Have fun and spread the word!
So I am going to make a list (in no particular order) of books I want to read
that way I know what I'm doing
1. Bitter Greens - Kate Forsyth
2. Dorothy Must die - Danielle Paige
3. Cruel Beauty - Rosamund Hodge
4. Towering - Alex Finn
5. A Kiss In Time - Alex Finn
6. Ash - Malinda Lo
7. Tiger Lily - Jodi Lynn Anderson
8. Kill Me Softly - Sarah Cross
So if I manage to read them all I will make it to Lady In Waiting. Obviously they are all one offs, we will leave the series for the other books i read.. All new authors (to me) except Kate Forsyth (who's i love)
Wish me luck