Thursday 23 January 2014

Prophecy


Title:          Prophecy
Series:   The Dragon King Chronicles
#:               1
Author:  Ellen Oh

The greatest warrior in all of the Seven Kingdoms... is a girl with yellow eyes.

Kira’s the only female in the king’s army, and the prince’s bodyguard. She’s a demon slayer and an outcast, hated by nearly everyone in her home city of Hansong. And, she’s their only hope...

Murdered kings and discovered traitors point to a demon invasion, sending Kira on the run with the young prince. He may be the savior predicted in the Dragon King Prophecy, but the missing treasure of myth may be the true key. With only the guidance of the cryptic prophecy, Kira must battle demon soldiers, evil shaman, and the Demon Lord himself to find what was once lost and raise a prince into a king.

Intrigue and mystery, ancient lore and action-packed fantasy come together in this heart-stopping first book in a trilogy



So it turns out I need to read up more on a series I'm about to start, because I went 'ah yes goodreads says two books in series, and I checked to see I could get them both then I read this one" and then just posted this blurb above to find out there will be more books! silly silly me. It says trilogy right there I'd have known that if I ever read the blurb, but I was reading this because I liked the cover, and purely for that reason actually.

So maybe I shouldn't have forced myself to keep reading in hopes that the book would get better, ok it wasn't the story itself, it was the way it was written that I had a problem with, because once I finished reading I found I rather enjoyed the story.


Even if Kira and Taejo annoy the hell out of me! bad decisions and more bad decisions, they came to grow on me. My favourite character from this story would have to be Seung with his ramblings when he first met Kira, made me like him instantly.

I found it hard to follow at times, learning all the foreign names and words, but by the time the story go going I could remember the differences. I kept thinking the monks name was Sunim but then I found out that it's an honorific term for monks, oops, good thing there's a glossary.




I want to read Warrior just to see what happens but I hear it leaves with a cliffhanger and who knows when I'll ever get the next book, whatever that may be.

3 out of 5

still to come 


No comments:

Post a Comment