Thursday 30 January 2014

Evertrue

Title:         Evertrue
Series:      Everneath
#:              3
Author:   Brodi Ashton

Now that Nikki has rescued Jack, all she wants is to be with him and graduate high school. But Cole tricked Nikki into feeding off him, and she’s begun the process of turning into an Everliving herself... which means she must feed on a Forfeit soon — or die.

Terrified for her survival, Nikki and Jack begin a desperate attempt to reverse the process using any means possible. Even Cole, who they expected to fight them at every turn, has become an unlikely ally — but how long can it last? Nikki needs to feed on Cole to survive, Cole needs Nikki to gain the throne in the Everneath, Jack needs Nikki because she is everything to him — and together, they must travel back to the Underworld to undo Nikki’s fate and make her mortal once more. But Cole isn’t the only one with plans for Nikki: the Queen has not forgotten Nikki’s treachery, and she wants her destroyed for good. Will Nikki be forced to spend eternity in the Underworld, or does she have what it takes to bring down the Everneath once and for all?

In this stunning conclusion to the Everneath trilogy, Brodi Ashton evokes the resiliency of the human spirit and the indomitable power of true love


Ok, I have finished the series!


so sad, but good to see how it all finished. 


Spoilers beware!! (but then again, if you the synopsis you are spoilered?)


Ok, so the main reason I was in such a hurry to read this book was because of the ultimate betrayal at the end of Evebound. Cole revealing to Nikki that he had begun the process of turning her into an everliving without her realising then stealing her heart to make her dependent on him again. Two things that Nikki never wanted. She wanted Jack back, and she got him, but Cole wasn't happy.



I climbed in. "Have you been waiting long?""My entire life," he said.

There weren't as many flash backs in this book that I've come to love, (yes they confused me a tad in the beginning but I got used to them, and started looking forward to them) it's like we've been told enough about the characters and their backstories already that we don't need anymore. I would have still loved some more, because it's always nice to see the happy stuff in the middle of all the drama.


I got a little bored while I was reading this book, I can't put my finger on exactly why, maybe it was just constantly what now, sigh, again, run, sigh, hulk smash, what now. Luckily we had Cole to entertain us, he was very cute in this book being the 'unlikely ally' because of a certain event.

But by the end it began to pick up again and started to interest me again. Although I felt the final showdown with the queen was a bit too quick. Maybe I was rushing to see what was going to happen that when it happened I still wanted more.

It was sort of a bittersweet ending. We can't all win



3 out of 5


still to come


1 comment:

  1. I've read mixed reviews for this one. I'm absolutely terrified to read it. I just hope I am one that will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete