Thursday 27 March 2014

2014 Fairy Tales Retold Reading Challenge Update

 So It is three month into the year, a whole quarter gone already and I thought I would do an update on my reading challenge of the year.

If you're not sure what this is it's a challenge hosted by Debz Bookshelf where we try to read as many fairy tale retelling as we can.

I decided to be aim for Lady in Waiting, reading 7 - 9 books for the year. Since I had never read any retellings I wanted to start with a low number (just in case I found out I didn't really like them all that much)


So far I have read and reviewed:

A Kiss in time by Alex Finn   My review
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge  My review



I have read but not reviewed:

Ash by Malinda Lo


I am currently reading:

Towering by Alex Flinn


I have found that I rather enjoy reading fairy tale retellings. They are stories we all know but the author has made them new and fun again, with all new twists and turns.

Still to read and looking forward to

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth





Do you enjoy retellings as well? it's not to late to join in!


No comments:

Post a Comment